Submissions are open to exhibit at Fox!
We are looking for female photographers for:
- Group Photo Exhibition at Fox Darkroom & Gallery in collaboration with She Shoots Film magazine launch.
- Exhibition Dates: Sat, 17th of November – Sun, 2nd of December 2018.
- Theme: Female gaze in portraiture.
- Deadline and requirements:
Please email 5 – 10 selected low resolution images plus artist statement by 7th of October 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film, Digital Photography & Multimedia Works accepted.
- Curation & Application Panel:
Aliki Smith, Editor-in-Chief She Shoots Film Magazine.
Leni Fohringer, Gallery Manager & Curator The Fox Darkroom & Gallery.
Stephanie Rose Wood, Documentary Photographer & Independent Curator.
- This project is dedicated to supporting emerging and established female artists and providing a platform to support the photographic community, we will be providing tailored feedback to all submissions.
- Rates will be dependent on the number of exhibiting artists; fees for artists to display will start at $300.
This fee includes: curation, (de)-installation, marketing, opening night catering and staffing for the entire event.
- This is a commercial exhibition, artist are invited to sell their work.
Image ‘Pale Yellow Cadillac’ by Cig Harvey
The Fox Darkroom & Gallery is proud to announce an exhibition & magazine launch in collaboration with She Shoots Film. This project will launch issue 3 of the She Shoots Film magazine “Metamorphosis” and exhibit the works of female artists displaying photographic art that explore the female gaze in portraiture.
She Shoots Film is a print publication exploring life through the female gaze. It is an independent publication that encourages, supports and draws attention to emerging and seasoned film photographers that make with a woman’s eye. The third issue looks at the theme of Metamorphosis and what this means to women.
17 November – 2 December, 2018
Saturday 17 November, 6pm – 9pm
Thursday & Friday – 11am to 6pm
Saturday & Sunday – 11am to 5pm