This workshop is perfect follow on from the Film Photography & Developing Workshop. Taking the photo is only half the process – when a picture is printed, what was once a fleeting moment becomes a definitive idea, a tangible memory. For some it’s once in a lifetime, for others the start of a lifelong passion. Out tutor will run you through how test strips, contact prints and enlargements are made, then you will be given your own enlarger to print with – every participant getting individual guidance at each step from selecting a negative, to making the finishing touches on the final print. We will then mount and frame your picture, ready to be taken home and hung on the wall.
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
What you will learn
- Learn how to make beautiful one of a kind pieces of photographic art by hand.
- Learn the value of print and create imagery that is both hand made and deliberate.
- Gain the confidence to print in the darkroom so you can further your learning as a member of The Fox Darkroom.
What you will get
- One-on-one guidance from a professional photographer.
- All equipment, paper and chemicals supplied
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided on arrival and throughout the day.
- Access to a warm and inspiring learning environment. We believe everybody is capable of creating beautiful photographs, we will help you achieve this.
- Walk away with your first hand printed 8×10 print.
What to bring
- At least one batch of developed black and white negatives
What to wear
We welcome everyone from beginners to seasoned artists who want to brush up on a few techniques.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
The Fox Darkroom provides goods and services to you subject to the following conditions. If you purchase from our online store (www.thefoxdarkroom.com.au.au) or visit out premises at (10 Elizabeth St, Kensington) you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully.
All workshops must be paid for in full (prior to the workshop commencement date) to secure your place. Places are subject to availability.
Refunds cannot be given when notice is given less than 1 week before the workshop date. Transfers (between people or a workshop date) can be made if notice is given no less than 1 week before the workshop date.
The Fox Darkroom website and information contained within it can be used for your own personal use and must not be used for any commercial reason.
Access depends on availability. Bookings must be made in advance.
Health and Safety
The Fox Darkroom is not responsible for the archival quality or outcome of film processing or printing made in this facility. You also acknowledge that the darkroom is hired out as a shared facility and it is your responsibility to be aware and courteous of other people’s needs and safety and to take care of your belongings at all times. The Fox Darkroom has no liability for personal belongings of darkroom members.
While we take all care to ensure your safety, in agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to understand and be liable for the health and safety risks of the darkroom. It is your responsibility to take the appropriate health and safety precautions. Your health and safety is not the responsibility of The Fox Darkroom.